If you live in a house that has an abundance of electrical sockets everywhere, you’re definitely one of the lucky ones. Because the rest of us have to rely on power strips to plug in our phone charges, TV screens, fridges, and basically every appliance we need to function on a daily basis.
And while these multi plug sockets are very handy, the risks of misusing them are little known and can be pretty dangerous. So, here are a few tips on how to avoid electrical tragedy.
Don’t plug everything into the same power strip
Yes, that’s right. To reduce the risk of a domestic fire, you should never put a multi plug socket into a power strip. Doing this will only cause the former to overheat because it is being overpowered.o the same multi plug cord as it could lead to overheating of the socket. Appliances that need a continuous supply of power, like a fridge and a TV, should be plugged into a wall socket.
Do not plug in a heating device
As mentioned before, power strips tend to head up when they are used a lot. There is an even greater risk of the appliance catching on fire if you connect an electrical heater to it. As the specialist website Izi reports, 30% of domestic fires are caused by electrical faults. So make sure your heater is plugged into a wall socket and also keep it away from any furniture.
Do not plug a power strip into a power strip
Yes, that’s right. To reduce the risk of a domestic fire, you should never put a multi plug socket into a power strip. Doing this will only cause the former to overheat.