Student has his legs amputated after eating friend's leftover food

A college student digs into the leftovers of a chicken noodle dish his roommate left in the fridge. What happened next will shock you.

Leftover food leads to something bizarrre
© Unsplash
Leftover food leads to something bizarrre

According to The Sun, as JC, the patient referred to by the YouTube user 'Dr. Bernard,' reaches for the remains from the fridge, he has no idea that his roommate vomited the night before. And what follows has taken us by surprise...

Discover our latest podcast


JC's symptoms started soon after he consumed the chicken and noodles: extreme stomach pain, nausea, and his complexion turned purple. A friend then rushed JC to the hospital.

According to the New England Journal of Medicine, JC acquired a high temperature and a heart rate of 166 beats per minute, and medication was used to sedate him. The sepsis, on the other hand, was unstoppable.

All of this happened despite the fact that JC was in perfect health prior to consuming restaurant leftovers. He has no allergies, was fully vaccinated as a youngster, and did not consume alcohol on a regular basis. He usually preferred to smoke.

Read more:

Sepsis treatment

To get into the intensive care unit, he had to be flown to another hospital by helicopter. The blood poisoning, however, had spread to his limbs. Doctors had no choice but to amputate portions of all ten of his fingers from both legs.

Dr. Bernard adds:

When bacteria is present in the blood, the entire body's blood vessels dilate, dropping the blood pressure preventing oxygen from getting into the organs.
Little clots form everywhere, as they get lodged into small blood vessels blocking blood flow. As his hands and feet become cold, they are starved of oxygen.

Sepsis is a life-threatening infection reaction that occurs when the immune system overreacts to an infection. Doctors further determined that, despite receiving his first meningococcal vaccine during middle school, JC never had the necessary booster dose four years later, when he was 16.

Will fast food restaurants stay open during lockdown? Will fast food restaurants stay open during lockdown?