Fat Loss: These Five Tips and Facts Will Make Your Life a Lot Easier

If you want to lose fat, you have to do more than just put your trainers on and go for a run. Here are five tips and facts that you should definitely consider if you want to finally get the body you’ve always wanted.

Fat Loss: These Five Tips And Facts Will Make Your Life A Lot Easier
© Getty Images
Fat Loss: These Five Tips And Facts Will Make Your Life A Lot Easier

Losing fat is normally the main goal for people when they take up sports or exercise - especially when summer is just around the corner. Although these people always have the best intentions, they often get sucked in by myths and clichés that are not necessarily true and as a result, they often make mistakes with their training and diets.

Discover our latest podcast

So you before you embark on a drastic diet and exercise program that is far too difficult and not at all suitable for you, read these five basic tips and facts about losing fat. It’s always best to start from the beginning.

1. Don't count calories

In order to lose fat, you normally have to consume fewer calories than you use so the body uses up its fat reserves to replace the energy you are now missing from food. As a result, people tend to count calories in order to help them lose fat.

Yes, it can be frustrating. And someone who is frustrated with their diet will most likely not stick it out and throw everything out the window rather quickly. So it’s important to make sure you have a balanced diet that you enjoy. It’s best to leave counting calories to the fitness professionals and experts.

Enjoy your apple without thinking about it too much. Shutterbug75 / Pixabay

2. Don’t eat more meals during the day

… because you will definitely not lose fat this way. Eating all throughout the day reduces your feelings of hunger and your body is supposed to lose fat after meals.

This is true, of course, but it often also leads to an increased calorie intake - despite what you might think. If this diet works for you, then great, but as a general rule, this usually only works for people who burn a lot of energy during the day.

3. Don’t force yourself to do hours of cardio

Unless you are preparing for a big race, there is no point spending hours running on the treadmill (or outside). Yes, you will definitely lose fat at first, but your body will quickly adapt to this routine.

Therefore, you have to make sure to change up your training routine, and especially the intensity of your exercises. Sometimes ten minutes of very intensive training is more efficient and beneficial than an hour of slow running. And since we have already revealed a list of sports that use the most energy, you are now spoiled for choice.

4. Eat fats, but good fats

Most diets will tell you to avoid all kinds of fats and high-calorie foods are completely off-limits. But small amounts of foods that contain more calories may actually be better for you than foods that are less fatty but contain more carbohydrates. Avocados are a perfect example of this and are therefore an ideal ingredient to add to your salads.

We’ll say this one more time. Eat a little bit of everything in moderation and treat yourself to something from time to time. You don’t have to feel bad for eating bad food occasionally, as long as it is only occasionally.

5. Fat turns into air

If you want to build muscle, you need to keep this goal in mind. It is wrong to assume that fat simply melts or burns away when you sweat. In reality, however, this applies to just 20 percent of the total fat that you lose. The other 80 percent turns into carbon dioxide, meaning you breathe it out.

Sweat consists primarily of water and electrolytes and therefore, it is important you make sure to drink enough water throughout the day to replace it. And just as a reminder, adding a little lemon juice to your water will not make you lose weight faster.

This tip will make your deodorant more effective This tip will make your deodorant more effective