A woman received a little more than she could chew after ordering from Domino's Pizza.
Upon opening the box in which her pizza came packaged in, she discovered the top of her pizza covered in bolts and nuts amidst the rest of the toppings of the famous Italian dish she ordered.
The order was placed on 29 July from the Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire branch. The woman quickly took social media to let her friends and followers know of the potentially life-threatening mistake she was a victim of. In the post, she said:
PLEASE PLEASE double check your pizzas before eating I'd hate if I or anyone ingested these. Be careful when ordering from Domino's Pizza at the Thornton-Cleveleys branch on Fleetwood Rd North.
Serious choking hazard and health and safety issue here sort yourselfs Domino's Pizza. Please please share, I'd hate if this was a more serious matter for someone else.
Thankfully, she detected the unexpected extra toppings before any harm was done. Domino's pizza has since issued a public apology to the women and fully reimbursed her, as well as conducted a thorough investigation at the location the pizza came from. In a statement to Lancashire Live, Domino's said:
At Domino's we take customer satisfaction and safety extremely seriously - contamination of this nature is extremely rare. As soon as we received Ms. Barton's complaint in July we apologised for the distress caused and thoroughly investigated at a store level.
We swiftly offered Ms. Barton a full refund which she accepted at the time. We have reminded our store team of the correct process to avoid any future issues of this nature.