This McDonald's customer made a chilling discovery in her McChicken

When a customer decided to order a McChicken at a McDonald's in Edinburgh, she made a shocking discovery. Here's what she found in her burger…

This is one culinary adventure that 20-year-old Scottish woman Ciara Harvie will not soon forget. While at a McDonald's in Edinburgh, the young woman had a very bad experience with a McChicken, reported by The Daily Mirror, which at first glance looked quite delicious.

A spider drowning in the sauce

However, when Ciara bit into her burger, she was shocked to discover that a dead spider was literally drowning in the sauce. This disgusted the customer, who preferred to refuse a replacement burger offered to her by an employee to compensate her, and who did not hesitate to share her misadventure on the internet. The Scottish woman posted a photo of her McChicken with the spider in it on Facebook with the following comment:

Went to McDonald's in Fort Kinnaird today and found a dead spider in my burger. I took it back and didn't even get an apology. I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

McDonald's response

In an attempt to quell the controversy caused by Ciara Harvie's post, McDonald's management was keen to rectify the situation by announcing that they were ‘sorry to hear about [this] customer's experience.’

The fast-food chain, which is by no means facing its first controversy over the hygiene of its restaurants said:

Food quality and safety are of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.
McDonald's: Fast food chain reveals the Nutri-Score value of its products McDonald's: Fast food chain reveals the Nutri-Score value of its products