Using this routine that you can complete in just a few minutes, you will be able to enhance your abdominal muscles in record time. You don’t need any special equipment, but for optimal results, you will, however, need to complete all the exercises rigorously and quite frequently.
The video above will be perfect if you want a quick and effective circuit to work on your abs. In less than 2 minutes, this set of exercises will intensively work your core muscles and abdominal belt. These movements must obviously be done without any breaks between the exercises in order to work the targeted muscles as much and as hard as possible.
5 simple, yet effective exercises
To get the results you want, you will need to do a certain number of exercises to really work your core muscles.
- Leg raise holds: lay flat on your back and raise your legs a few centimetres off the floor. The goal is to hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Flutter kicks: In the same position as the previous exercise, slightly 'flutter' your legs up and down without touching the floor for 20 seconds. This will strengthen your abs, even more, thanks to the tension exerted on your core.
- Classic leg raises: In the same position again, raise your legs in the air until they are at a 90-degree angle and then lower them back down again. Repeat for 20 seconds.
- Bicycle crunches: On your back again, bring your legs up to your chest one after the other, touching your elbow to your knee. This will work your obliques and help to trim down your waist to give you that famous ‘V' shape.
- Plank: This exercise is one of the most popular exercises for working your core and is very effective. Set yourself up to face down with your arms bent, elbows on the floor and on your tiptoes and hold this position for 20 seconds. The goal is to stay as straight as possible without curving your back or raising your bum.
Nutrition, not to be overlooked
But remember! As the 100 men who know how hard it is to make their abs really pop can testify, the main work lies in the kitchen! Click here to find our tips and advice on how to adapt your diet to your workouts so you can start seeing real results!