Time to find out if you’re as ready as you say you are.
You have to pass certain fitness tests to enter the army. It’s fundamental. Once you've passed those, you go through even more training to become a soldier. After a few years of service, you can apply to be part of the elite troops. And there, you have the real aptitude tests. We’ve found some of the trials for the American army. Now see if you pass or flunk.
American Special Forces Trials
- Complete at least 80 push-ups in 2 minutes
- Complete 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes
- Perform 20 pull-ups in a single set
- To enter the Navy Seals, you have to be able to run 1.5 miles (or 2.5km) in 9 minutes. Even more, you should be able to swim 450 meters in less than 8 minutes and 20 seconds.
- The running test for the classic army is 2 miles (3.2km) in 12 minutes max.
- To apply for a spot in the Marines, you have to be able to run 3 miles (4.8km) in 18 minutes.
- If you want to be in the Rangers, its 5 miles (8km) in 35 minutes.
There are other physical and psychological tests as well, of course... if you still feel game after all that!