Ant and Dec reveal big Saturday Night Takeaway changes

Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will be back on our screens this February – but it’ll be looking quite different…

Ant and Dec reveal big Saturday Night Takeaway changes
Continue reading
Read the article

It’s been almost a year since the last series of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway and we can’t wait for its comeback. Last year, the final two episodes of the series were hosted from Ant and Dec’s living rooms with no audience due to the start of the pandemic. This year, producers have had more time to plan around coronavirus measures and the show will feature a virtual audience in the studio.

Saturday Night Takeaway virtual audience

Dec told Digital Spy: ‘Such a lot of this show is about the audience. So we have researched ways, and are coming up with ways, to do a much more interactive, virtual wall, more than any other show has done. Our audience on the night, on the virtual wall, will be an interactive part of the show.’

He revealed that the show’s team are working on ways to make the audience interaction as close as possible to if they were really there, by cutting down on delays so that they can get the instant feedback that is such an important part of the show, which has been one of Britain’s favourite entertainment shows since 2002.

Return of I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Ear

Ant and Dec also teased the return of a much-loved segment on the show, entitled I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Ear – in which the Geordie duo direct celebs through pranks via an earpiece. They revealed that I’m A Celeb 2020 star Sir Mo Farah recorded one of these sketches for them just after coming out of Gwrych Castle. Ant shared:

There's a moment in the Mo one where he's showing this manny or nanny around the house, and then we said to him, just say, 'This is the en suite bathroom where the kids might want to have a bath at bathtime.' So, he opens the door. But we've placed in there this 70-year-old granny, who's having a bubble bath.