With lockdown keeping most of us inside, many are looking towards their kitchen in an effort to get more creative. This beer bread is insanely easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients.
Many people are looking to make homemade pasta or start a sourdough culture but thisbeer breadis the no-fail way to get your carb creativity flowing. Not to mention you probably already have all of the ingredients in your cupboard, which means there's no need to don a hazmat suit just to go to the supermarket.
Here's what you will need:
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder (unless using self-raising flour)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (unless using self-raising flour)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
And here's how to make it:
1. preheat your oven to about 190 C (375 F)
2. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients
3. Mix in the beer and butter
4. Pour the mix into a greased bread pan
5. Bake for one hour and let cool for 15 minutes
There you go, it's the easiest bread recipe ever! Many recommend using a darker beer such as a lager or a brown ale but any beer will do the trick.