Apollo Bay Distillery Accidentally Sold Bottles Of Gin Filled with Hand Sanitizer

An Australian gin distillery recently made quite a dangerous mistake that put the wellbeing of its consumers at risk. Accidentally selling bottles of mislabelled product that contained hand sanitizer instead of their SS Casino Gin.

Apollo Bay Distillery Accidentally Sold Bottles Of Gin Filled with Hand Sanitizer
Continue reading
Read the article

Now, we're not too sure how this type of mistake can be made, but evidently enough, the two clear liquids are easy to confuse, at least visually.

Australian distillery Apollo Bay recently made a recall for bottles of its SS Casino Gin that actually contained hand sanitizer comprised of 1.45 per cent glycerol and 0.125 per cent hydrogen peroxide. Needless to say, this put potentially consumers in harm's way.

The product recall below relates to nine (9) bottles of SS Casino Gin purchased between Friday 5 June to Sunday 7 June....

Posted by Apollo Bay Distillery on Sunday, June 7, 2020

A spokesperson for the distillery mention that a woman had consumed the substance and was said to have become nauseous, but had recovered afterwards.

The bottles were sold out of the Great Ocean Road Brewhouse bottleshop, however, they could be identified as the incorrect bottles as they did not have the shrink wrap seal around the bottle's opening.

The mistake has been chalked up to human error, however, still could have been a huge blow to the distillery if someone was to become seriously ill after consuming it. Thankfully the bottles weren't filled with a more sinister compound.