Cotton Swabs Could Have Caused The Death Of This 31-Year-Old Man
Cotton Swabs Could Have Caused The Death Of This 31-Year-Old Man
Read the article

Cotton Swabs Could Have Caused The Death Of This 31-Year-Old Man

A 31-year-old man was taken to the emergency room following a string of unusual symptoms that made him convulse and experience other serious symptoms.

For a while now, health professionals have been warning us of the risks of introducing cotton swabs into the ear canal. Once again, we have a case that proves definitely why we need to resist the urge.

BMJ Case Reports published a clinical study that describes the shocking case of a 31-year-old man who used these swabs to clean his ears.

When he arrived at the hospital, he was on the verge of collapse, presenting seizures, and an altered state of consciousness and numbness.

Doctors performed a CT scan of his brain to get to the source of the problem that was causing the severe pain in his left ear and severe headaches.

Upon analyzing the results, they noted that the patient's skull was filled with pus. In the video, we'll explain what consequences it had on his brain and how he was cured.

By Nancy Youm
No connection
Check your settings