This young New Zealand boy's parents took him to see a doctor in 2018, but he was unable to locate the Lego piece in his nose.
Sameer Anwar is a seven-year-old boy who lives with his parents in Dunedin, in the south of New Zealand. He loves to play with all his toys, especially Lego, which can be used to build all sorts of things. But in 2018, he inserted a Lego character's arm into his nostril so deeply that the doctors were unable to locate it.
They thought he had ‘digested’ the Lego piece
In 2018 young Sameer's parents decided to take their child to see a GP when the boy told them that he had ‘lost’ a piece of Lego when he put it into his nose. The doctor told them that he could not find the piece in order to remove it.
He told them that the Lego piece would move through their son's digestive tract and that everything would be fine. So they went back home and everything did seem to be fine because Sameer did not once complain of any pain. His parents told The Guardian:
Since then he’s never complained or anything.
Pain after sniffing a cupcake
Everything was fine for almost two years and the family forgot about the incident, until August 16th. That evening, Sameer went up to a plate of pink cupcakes and sniffed them. Suddenly, he felt a sharp painin his nose.
His mother then helped him to blow his nose, thinking that he must have inhaled a few cupcake crumbs. But instead, a Lego piece came out of his nose. It was the same piece he had inserted two years earlier. Sameer's father ironically said:
We never expected such thing. We should donate it to a museum.
Inserting small toys into children's nostrils is a rather common phenomenon that can be very dangerous, but often the part can be quickly removed. The doctors do not know how it could have remained lodged in Sameer's nose for so long without him feeling any pain. This misadventure had a happy ending, however, and the seven-year-old is still a big Lego fan.
Watch the video above to see what big breakthrough about Lego scientists unveiled!