No matter how much research you do and how many reviews you read, going on holiday and staying in a hotel always means taking something of a risk. This couple learned the hard way that hotel rooms won't always live up to our expectations, and can even have some drastic consequences.
After spending a night in a hotel in New York's Manhattan district, this young woman had the unpleasant surprise of waking to find her skin completely ravaged. It was covered with dozens of bites caused by bed bugs. Upon lifting the mattress, the couple was horrified to discover that the bed was totally infested.