Being unfaithful in a relationship has unfortunately become more commonplace nowadays, more than ever. Dating website Illicit Encounters said that they have seen a 20% increase in users over the last 5 years. They say this is because people cannot afford to divorce both because of insane house prices and crippling economic circumstances.
Illicit Encounters is a dating website aimed at connecting married men and women. Each year it publishes a list of the cities and towns in Britain ranking them based on their level of infidelity. This year the most unfaithful city was the middle-class area of Oxford, with 12,868 people representing 9.13% of the population, found to be having an affair. Similarly, in second place was the city of St Albans in Hertfordshire. Here, 5,015 people are believed to be cheaters representing 9.12% of the population.
The town with the most cheaters was the West Midlands town of Stratford-upon-Avon, where 1,047 people (3.69%) were unfaithful in the last year. Shortly behind in second place is the affluent town of Wilmslow in Cheshire, in which 901 people (3.6%) were cheating last year.
On the other hand, the towns with the lowest rate of unfaithful relationships last year include Wigan, Craigavon, Swindon, Bournemouth and Middlesbrough all with figures lower than 0.3% of their respective populations.
The Top 5 Most Unfaithful Cities:
1. Oxford - 12,868 people (9.13% of the population)
2. St Albans - 5,015 people (9.12% of the population)
3. Bath - 7,887 people (8.61% of the population)
4. Durham - 5,251 people (8.33% of the population)
5. Gloucester - 10,978 people (8.05% of the population)
The Top 5 Most Faithful Cities:
1. Glasgow - 3,504 people (0.59% of the population)
2. Bangor - 473 people (0.77% of the population)
3. Salford - 1,022 people (0.98% of the population)
4. Sunderland - 3,544 people (1.29% of the population)
5. London - 121,355 people (1.47 % of the population)