The first reflex of many of us upon waking up after a big night out is to immediately pop paracetamol. However, sometimes painkillers don't come close to relieving our internal torture ('never again' is the phrase often uttered on this kind of special day).Although, some cracking researchers at the Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium seem to have come up with a solution to our hangover woes and it's actually pretty simple.The researchers have tested and compared the efficiency of paracetamol when taken with both flat water and sparkling water, and have stumbled across a very interesting result: when taken with sparkling water, the effects of paracetamol work much quicker. And when we say quicker, we mean a staggering 65-minute improvement over the traditional method. The reason? In order to bring about its effects, the active ingredient must make its way to the small intestine to be absorbed. When taken with sparkling water, the drug can be absorbed in the bloodstream much quicker! Essentially, it works in the same way as an effervescent tablet does but without the unpleasant taste. In all honesty, however, most fizzy drinks don’t seem too appealing when you're hungover.. but sometimes you’ve got to fight fire with fire.