There are a lot of rumors about the world's most popular fast-food chain. Here are 7 of those McDonald's employees are tired of hearing...
Thousands of McDonald's meals are served to customers every day, often by young people who work for the fast-food chain to pay for school. Business Insiderwent out to meet them to investigate - among other things - the most widespread and long-standing rumours surrounding McDonald's. Here are 7 rumours that employees are tired of hearing:
1. There are, allegedly, anti-emetics hidden inside their burger buns... "so customers can eat more without wanting to vomit," says an employee.
2. Their kitchens are dirty. Again, this rumour dies hard: "I was pleasantly surprised by the hygiene measures. There is a lot of rules, you have to be really careful. I thought it would be less strict," explains an employee, adding: "We have alarms on our time clock so we all go to wash our hands. We get extensive hygiene and food safety training."
4. There are rats and cockroaches in their restaurants. Once again, a fast-food hygiene rumour that dies hard.
5. They re-use unfinished food. One employee says that several customers have returned their trays, saying: "Someone took a bite of it." Again, this is a rumour. For burgers, an employee explains: "We use metal tongs to handle burger patties, which can tear them apart."
6. Large drinks are actually the same as a medium drink... Many customers have called it a scam. However, “it's actually not possible. In order to fill the cups with a drink, the customer presses a button that dispenses it accordingly. There's a button for each cup size: small, medium or large ”
For more information and rumour number 7 check out the video above.