There are a lot of rumors about the world's most popular fast-food chain. Here are 7 of those McDonald's employees are tired of hearing...
Thousands of McDonald's meals are served to customers every day, often by young people who work for the fast-food chain to pay for school. Business Insiderwent out to meet them to investigate - among other things - the most widespread and long-standing rumours surrounding McDonald's. Here are 7 rumours that employees are tired of hearing:
- There are, allegedly, anti-emetics hidden inside their burger buns... "so customers can eat more without wanting to vomit," says an employee.
- Their kitchens are dirty. Again, this rumour dies hard: "I was pleasantly surprised by the hygiene measures. There is a lot of rules, you have to be really careful. I thought it would be less strict," explains an employee, adding: "We have alarms on our time clock so we all go to wash our hands. We get extensive hygiene and food safety training."
- The Filet-O-Fish is actually not fish, but meat... Customers are very suspicions of the breaded fish, too. In reality, it is, indeed, fish -- all good!
- There are rats and cockroaches in their restaurants. Once again, a fast-food hygiene rumour that dies hard.
- They re-use unfinished food. One employee says that several customers have returned their trays, saying: "Someone took a bite of it." Again, this is a rumour. For burgers, an employee explains: "We use metal tongs to handle burger patties, which can tear them apart."
- Large drinks are actually the same as a medium drink... Many customers have called it a scam. However, “it's actually not possible. In order to fill the cups with a drink, the customer presses a button that dispenses it accordingly. There's a button for each cup size: small, medium or large ”
For more information, check out the video above.