Thanks to the pandemic, we can no longer head to our favourite pubs to enjoy pints made by the UK’s finest breweries. And, to make sure that none of this booze goes to waste, Aldi has launched a new initiative that helps out 13 breweries, by selling stock that usually would have been destined for the pub.
Aldi selling pub stock for as little as 99p
What makes this deal even sweeter is that Aldi is flogging some of these brews off for as little as 99p!
Thanks to this new initiative, Aldi now has over 25,000 gallons of craft beer up for grabs, so no doubt you’ll be able to get your hands on some great beers at a great price...After all, it’s clearly an essential purchase.
However, it’s always best to be quick. These 13 delectable craft beers hit the shelves on the 28th of January so we wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve already sold out. Managing Director of Buying at Aldi UK, Julie Ashfield, explained the reasoning behind the grocery chain's move:
Lots of our favourite local breweries have been hugely affected by the pandemic. As part of our commitment to supporting British suppliers, we've found a way to stock great quality and award-winning beers, and also help breweries who are suffering during this time.
A big help to the breweries
It's been a really difficult year for us. As brewers, we take pride in our beer and our craft. It would have been terrible to see it go to waste so it's a massive boost for us that Aldi is taking on our excess stock and supplying our award-winning beer to punters across the UK. It is great to see Aldi supporting local producers in this way.
Aldi will be stocking Derby Brewing’s multi-award winning beer ‘Business as Usual,’ as well as Dartmoor Brewery’s Jail Ale. Ian Cobham, managing director of the brewery revealed that the company is thrilled to be part of Aldi’s initiative:
This past year has been very challenging with 90 percent of our normal trade being wiped out due to the pub closures. The stop/start nature of the lockdowns has meant we have had to destroy 40,000 litres of beer and counting. Backing from Aldi is not only helping us reach a larger audience but has helped us survive and we're absolutely delighted to showcase our flagship beer, Jail Ale, in its stores.
What beers will Aldi have in stock?
In case you were wondering, here’s a list of the 13 beers that have made their way onto Aldi’s shelves:
- Shepherd Neame's Spitfire Gold (500ml) - 99p
- Bad Co's Wild Gravity (330ml) - £1.49
- Derby Brewing's Business as Usual (500ml) - £1.49
- Thornbridge's Shelby (330ml) - £1.49
- West Berkshire Brewery's Snake Oil (330ml) - £1.49
- Marston's Warsteiner (12 x 330ml) - £8.99
- Brewgooder's Brewgooder Moyo Juice (330ml) - £1.49
- Harbour Brewing's Puffin Tears (330ml) - £1.49
- Dartmoor Brewery's Dartmoor Jail Ale (500ml) - £1.49
- Hook Norton Brewery's Old Hooky (500ml) - £1.49
- St Peters' St Peters Best Bitter (500ml) - £1.49
- Hall & Woodhouse's Tangle Foot (4 x 440ml) - £3.99
- Brutal Brewing's Pistonhead Haze Lager (330ml) - £1.49