Idris Elba has revealed in a video shared on Twitter that he has tested positive for Coronavirus.
Actor Idris Elba took Twitter on Monday evening to announce that he is in self-isolation after testing positive for COVID-19. He updated his fans on his condition and said that so far he doesn't have any symptoms. He decided to isolate himself to curb the spread of the virus:
This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus...Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing.
Recently, Tom Hanks and his wife also announced testing positive for Coronavirus. The couple was admitted to a Queensland hospital in Australia last week and has since been released. A representative for Hanks told CNN that the couple is now in quarantine at their home. Hanks reassured his fans on Instagram:
We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.
Hanks said in his first Instagram post about the diagnosis:
Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks' will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We'll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves!
Regarding the rising number of infections and deaths, the UK is now taking new measures to combat the virus:
- isolation of those with a cough and high temperature at home for seven days
- quarantine of families with a member who presents symptoms for 14 days to allow time for any symptoms in the others to show
- social distancing, involving cutting the normal contacts people make at home, school or work by three-quarters
- social distancing for everyone over 70 by asking them to stay at home
- closure of schools and universities